The award, won in recent years by Companies including Bentley Motors, The London Electric Vehicle Company and electric motor manufacturer YASA, is a testament to the skill and dedication of employees and the commitment and service to Reactions’ customers.
The prestigious award was presented by The Worshipful Company of Coachmakers and Coach Harness Makers, a City of London Livery Company which supports the UK automotive and aerospace engineering industries through a range of business development and educational activities.
This award recognises how Reaction Engines has developed from being primarily focused on research, to having a direct impact on industry, citing notable achievements including:
- Advances in hydrogen based fuels
- Innovative thermal management solutions to increase fuel efficiency
- Incorporating components from SABRE into wider aerospace uses
- Development of low drag radiators to enable zero emission aerospace
- Development of microtube condensers, allowing maximised heat rejection at minimum mass, for use in electric aviation and rotorcraft
- Creating advance testing facilities to expedite future developments
On receiving the award, Reaction Engines’ Chief Executive Officer, Mark Thomas, said: “It’s an incredible honour to be selected by the Coachmakers as their 2024 recipient of the Award to Industry. Reaction Engines is on an exciting journey commercialising our unique heat exchange technology and bringing performance benefits to a range of applications. We are fortunate to work alongside leading industry partners and customers within the aerospace and sustainable aviation sectors.
This recognition of our award-winning technology is a testament to the whole team at Reaction who are constantly innovating and disrupting, and it’s thanks to them that we are uniquely placed to address the challenges we all face on our mission to make the world a cleaner place. Thank you to The Master Coachmaker, Wardens and Court of Assistants for presenting us with this award.”