Reaction Engines are seeking an experienced Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) Engineer to help in the design and development of transformative systems & products for the aerospace, automotive and energy sectors.
The work will be carried out alongside a fast-paced and dynamic multi-disciplinary team to support design solutions from concept phase through to delivery and beyond to ensure reliability, maintainability, availability, and safety is achievable, defined and auditable.
This role will sit in our Systems & Test engineering function and be allocated to projects across the business, supporting designs and providing technical solutions.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Systems & Test team leader your role will include:
- Develop RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Safety) analyses in support of programmes, at system and sub-system level
- Assist in identifying solutions to the technical novel and complex problems and deriving RAMS requirements for the designs
- Create and maintain Reliability Requirements and Compliance Matrices
- Create and maintain FMEA
- Create and maintain Reliability Prediction documentation
- Support product testing and Root Cause Analysis investigations to develop solutions and/or recommendations to reach reliability targets
- Support development of company Reliability strategy
- Develop Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies
- Prepare, present, and report technical work to peers, seniors, external suppliers and customers
- In depth knowledge of RAMS engineering process, methods and tools
- Experience undertaking RAMS activities including creation & compliance with Reliability Requirements & calculation of reliability predictions for given failure modes
- Knowledge of system engineering principles
- Proficient in delivering presentations to key stakeholders
- Experience of industry standards, specifications & practices
- Knowledge and experience of RAMS software tools
- Experience with using Reliability Block Diagram, Reliability Growth Models
- Experience in the development of HAZOP studies
- Experience in design and development of heat exchangers, pressurised equipment, or similar products
- Exposure to a manufacturing, prototyping or development environment
- Qualified to degree level (in a STEM subject) or equivalent engineering experience (experience from different industries will be considered)
- Chartered engineer or interested in pursuing chartered status
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
Skills and Behaviours
- Able to work in a quick paced, creative environment, and across multi-disciplined functions
- Positive and flexible attitude to get the job done
- Systems Engineering approach and skills
- Be capable of contributing to the development of our in-house design and analysis toolboxes
- Strong organisational and planning skills including task management and prioritisation
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and with external suppliers and customers
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines’ core values:
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 28 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days after 2 years’ service) plus public holidays, employee share scheme, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards onsite nursery childcare for children under 3 years of age. We also offer dynamic working where employees split their time working from home and from our office in Culham.
Salary: £27,000 to £52,000, negotiable and depending on experience and the level of role
Working Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday
Reaction Engines Ltd. operates a dynamic working policy and part-time hours may also be negotiable. Some travel to customers, suppliers, and build & test sites may be required.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2022-011 – RAMS Engineers
Closing date: 28 January 2022