Reaction Engines – Applied Technologies are looking for high calibre individuals with proven experience in Product Development and New Production Introduction to lead the development of their world beating thermal management technology into next generation high performance applications.
Our Applied Technologies Product Development Leads are developing solutions for the Automotive and Aerospace sectors, where thermal management and high performance are demanding smaller, lighter and more efficient reliable products.
We are seeking a number of Product Development Leads across our product lines and sectors, so if you feel you can make the difference to making things faster on the track or in the air and want to help shape greener, more sustainable technologies, then we look forward to hearing from you.
The Product Development Lead will lead all technical aspects of projects within their scope i.e. Sector or Product Line alignment.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Prime customer interface for specific customer(s) product development
- Lead technical and engineering focal point, responsible for overall leadership, integration and delivery of the technical solution and all technical activities for their assigned product(s) to budget, quality & schedule.
- Create and develop a strong relationship with the appropriate Project Manager where assigned to the project
- Application engineering around a specific set of customer requirements with a view of the wider market need to develop a product family that can serve multiple customers
- Contribute to the commercial growth strategy, supporting Sector Leads and Business Development to win new business
- Preparation of the technical content of commercial bids
- Ensures product is commercially viable with robust design for manufacture and serial production if necessary
- Manages and mitigates technical development risk through intelligent use of V&V and trials
- Takes product through the new product development (NPD) gate process
- Liaise with other teams and functions within the Company (such as Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Export Control and Finance) to ensure the effective execution of the project
- Creates pull for lower TRL developments to support future product improvements and maintain commercial competitiveness
- Be part of the AT Leadership team and lead a continuous improvement approach
- Maintain a link to the relevant engineering function to ensure learning and best practise is fed back into function rules, tools and methods
- Prepare, present and report technical work to peers, seniors, external suppliers and customers
- Ensure technical governance, quality and oversight is maintained in-line with company practice & procedures
- A proven track record in project delivery within an engineering new product development environment
- Experience within the specific field of application
- Understands manufacturing and production processes
- Experience of working with customers and other engineering companies
- Multi-disciplinary prototyping experience with knowledge sufficient to contribute materially to design and assembly of prototypes, test pieces, test rigs and test activities.
- Experience in thermal management
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant technical subject
- Applicants who are Chartered Engineers or pursuing a path leading to Chartered status
Skills and Behaviours
- Excellent leadership and decision-making abilities
- Strong commercial and customer orientated focus
- Collaborative approach to engineering & innovation
- Able to deal with high levels of ambiguity and be adaptable to new projects and design directions
- Self-motivated but with the ability to work successfully with inter-disciplinary teams, providing guidance and inspiration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in requirements management
- Pragmatic approach to risk management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present complex data to stakeholders at all levels, including Customers and Senior Management
- Work to a high level of detail and establish appropriate priorities in carrying out responsibilities and in meeting deadlines
- Excellent IT skills including standard office applications and simple coding techniques
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines’ core values:
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 28 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days after 2 years’ service) plus public holidays, employee share scheme, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards onsite nursery childcare for children under 3 years of age. We also offer dynamic working where employees split their time working from home and from our office in Culham.
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000, depending on experience
Working Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference 2022-012 – Product Development Leads
Closing date: 28 January 2022