The candidate will be responsible for carrying out electrical power system development, design and documentation to current legislation, to a standard suitable for internal or third-party manufacture / installation, producing all necessary deliverables as appropriate for the given project. They will also be required to contribute to the design, build and installation of control and instrumentation projects, and development of related tools, methods, and processes to improve our company-wide capability.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The candidate may be deployed to support any of the following business priorities:
- Commercial projects within Applied Technologies, bringing SABRE technologies to other markets.
- The next phase of SABRE design & development and simplifying space access.
- Realising high-speed flight.
- Developing in-house testing capability and building relationships with external test facilities.
Over the course of their deployment and depending on their expertise the candidate may be accountable for the some of the following:
- Installation, maintenance and repair of instrumentation and electrical equipment in a variety of systems and environments, including within potentially explosive atmospheres.
- Assist with the design and modification of existing and new plant and systems.
- Assist with the specification and procurement of electrical systems.
Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Design, installation, testing, and inspection of LV electrical systems
- Industrial electrical and control systems design, commissioning and maintenance
- Industrial Process Control Systems (Pressure, Level, Flow and Temperature)
- Preparing, presenting, and reporting technical work to peers, seniors, external suppliers
- Track record of successful product or project delivery
- Strong practical mind-set and abilities
- Experience with processing plant.
- Experience with cryogenic systems.
- Experience of working in an experimental testing environment
- LV electrical distribution design, specification and drawing to BS and CE standards, using Amtech or other methods.
- System / process design and specification, including safety assessment to BS and CE standards
- Hardware (control panel) design, specification, and drawing to BS and CE standards
- PLC / SCADA Software design, specification, drawing, programming, and testing to BS and CE standards
- Selection and specification of control instrumentation (analogue and digital)
- HND or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Installation and/or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of engineering experience (experience from different industries will be considered)
- Chartered engineer or pursuing chartered status
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines’ core values:
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 28 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days after 2 years’ service) plus public holidays, employee share scheme, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards onsite nursery childcare for children under 3 years of age. We also offer dynamic working where employees split their time working from home and from our office in Culham.
Reaction Engines Ltd. operates a flexible working policy, part-time hours may also be negotiable.
Some travel to customers, suppliers, and build & test sites may be required.
Salary: £33,000 to £46,000 (DOE)
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 048-2021 – Electrical Control and Instrumentation Engineer