Our US team are looking for a Business Development Lead, with responsibility for the identification of business development opportunities and increasing customer engagement.
Our people have always been our most valuable asset. They are brilliant problem solvers who believe challenges are opportunities. Reaction Engines takes pride in attracting the industry’s brightest minds and it is their diverse sets of skills, personalities and experiences that will help us achieve our ambitious goals. Sound exciting? Then join us on our epic journey.
Reaction Engines’ breakthrough technology will help unlock a new future for high-performance, and environmentally responsible, energy, aviation, mobility, transport, and global sustainability. The Applied Technologies Business Development Lead (U.S.) will have responsibility for the identification of business development opportunities and to increase customer engagement within these market areas. Further, this role will contribute as part of the engineering team in the creation of technical solutions to develop both our business and our contribution to the world. The strongest candidates should combine fluency in thermal management and power cycles with a keen understanding of government and commercial needs in energy and sustainability sectors. This role is well-matched for a candidate who has desires to further extend their technical talents into business development and customer-facing relationships.
- Seek new U.S. business opportunities for company technology and capabilities.
- Collaborate with the UK-based Applied Technologies team on similar efforts.
- Develop and mature relationships with potential government and commercial customers.
- Perform engineering tasks in the design, analysis, fabrication, and testing of advanced energy and thermal management systems.
- Innovate new applications and technology concepts.
- Demonstrate technical and project decision-making with limited guidance.
- Accountable for delivering objectives and timelines on assigned projects.
- Provide technical direction to other team members in areas of responsibility.
- Prepare and present results and reports to internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Prepare and submit bids, proposals, and other business development tasks.
- Performance of additional engineering or business support tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, or equivalent discipline
- Previous relevant work experience maturing the technology readiness levels (TRL) of novel solutions
- Experience with thermal properties, heat exchangers, and thermal cycle performance.
- The ability to comply with U.S. Government aerospace and energy export control regulations, e.g. candidate must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S.
- 5+ years related work experience with industry and/or government agencies in energy, power/thermal systems, or sustainable technologies; 3+ years with related master’s degree.
- Understanding of U.S. terrestrial power and energy production markets including current needs.
- Experience with Department of Energy, NASA, ARPA-E, DARPA, and/or DoD research laboratories.
- Experience with directing small technical and/or project teams on rapid development projects.
- Previous hands-on work experience on hardware test programs.
- Technical experience with hydrogen, ammonia, SAFs and/or other relevant fuels and coolants.
Skills & Behaviours
- Strong technical and business development leadership skills
- Practical mind-set, strong creative problem-solving skills and positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to think in an entrepreneurial way
- Self-motivated, and able to thrive as part of a small, focused team
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Reaction Engines’ core values: Commitment, Innovation, Trust, Quality, and Teamwork
- Career development and unshackled opportunities to tackle diverse challenges
- Exciting, diverse and fast-paced learning environment to master new skills
- Small, tightly integrated, high-performance team
- Personal accountability and power to influence future success
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision health plans
- 401(K) or Roth retirement savings options with a generous company match
- Generous paid time off in addition to paid holiday and sick leave
- Attractive 9/80 work schedule promotes improved work/life balance
Experience Level: Professional – Business Development Lead (Level IV)
Work Schedule: Our 9/80 work schedule features every other Friday off resulting in a 3-day weekend
every other week.
Telecommuting: Company employees are enabled to often telecommute from home at the discretion of company management, business needs, and job role requirements. Position eligible for flexible work consideration.
Travel: Minimal travel required
Interested candidates can apply for this position by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reaction Engines makes employment decisions based upon the capabilities and merits of qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, disability status or other protected legal status.